Symbiota is developing microbiome-based agricultural solutions to improve crop yields with sustainable products derived from plant microbiomes. The Research Assistant will implement qualitative and quantitative assessment, production and storage of Symbiota’s proprietary microbes.
- Bachelor’s in Biology, Microbiology or related field of study
- Practical Laboratory lab experience required.
- Proficiency performing aseptic techniques, microbial cultivation, Microscopy, Plating methods
- Desirable experience in a biotech setting.
- R&D planning, documentation, and presentation
- Multidisciplinary teamwork dynamics. Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Efficient. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done setting an example for the team. Has a track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Enthusiastic. Bought into the larger mission of Symbiota and excited about the possibilities.
- Cultivate microorganisms including:
- Media and flasks/ bioreactors preparation
- Plating and Enumeration of microbial cultures
- Downstream Processing
- Microbiological quality control
- Characterize the physiology of bacterial and fungal strains through Microscopy
- Culture monitoring (pH, biomass concentration, and other parameters vs. time)
- Implement analytical/molecular assays to monitor microbial growth
- Assist in protocol development for organism propagation and fermentation
- Cambridge, MA.
Please send cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com.