The Bioprocess Research Associate will develop and execute experiments designed to support the production of Symbiota’s proprietary microbes.
- Execution of bench-scale process development experiments for characterization of microbial cultures.
- Assist in developing reliable quantitative biological assays to monitor microbial growth as well as downstream processing of biological products.
- Refine and document experimental protocols with detail and clarity with intent to communicate to external parties for scale up activities.
- Provide critical feed-back on experimental progress to team members and provide timely recommendations for further advancing Symbiota’s technology.
- Support production of microorganisms for deployment into field trials.
- B.S. degree in biochemistry, microbiology, or (bio-)chemical engineering with >4yrs or M.S. degree in biochemistry, microbiology, or (bio-)chemical engineering with >2yrs of industry experience with microbial fermentation or mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of bench-top fermenters is required.
- Expertise in data analysis and presentation of key findings.
- Proficiency performing aseptic techniques and microbial cultivation.
- Experience with processing techniques such as TFF and lyophilization required.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Comfortable with ambiguity. Experience in a startup environment is preferred.
- Efficient. Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Attention to detail. Organized, methodical, and meticulous.
- Proactive. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Work Ethic. Possesses a strong willingness to work hard to get the job done and setting an example for the team. Has a track record of delivering on ambitious goals.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
- Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Position type: Full-time employee
Please send cover letters and resumes to: email@example.com.